Thank you for your interest in joining the National Military & Veterans Alliance (NMVA). Our application process is really quite simple.
Please send an email from your official organization email address (or whatever email address you use for your organization’s business) to NMVA@nmva.us with a paragraph or two stating why your organization would like to join NMVA.
In that email, please include this information at a minimum:
- a brief history of the organization, including in what year it was founded, and its mission & vision statements;
- your organization’s advocacy history during the current AND most recent Congressional sessions (both successes & failures);
- your organization’s current legislative priorities;
- your organization’s website URL as well as links to any/all social media accounts;
- a list of any other coalitions or alliances to which your organization is already a member;
- the names of all individuals who will be your organization’s points-of-contact for NMVA business, including his/her/their role(s) within the organization and for how long he/she/they has/have been with the organization.
You are welcome to include any other information (as attachments, links, etc.) that you feel might be relevant to current NMVA members in making their decision about your organization’s membership request.
This information MUST BE RECEIVED by NMVA no later than close of business on the Wednesday prior to the next regular NMVA meeting. (NMVA meetings are held on the third Monday of each month at 1:00pm Eastern, unless that is a Federal holiday, and are currently meeting virtually only.)
Upon successful receipt of the above-requested items by the required deadline, you will be informed of your addition to the upcoming meeting’s agenda and provided the link to the virtual meeting, as you are expected to attend that meeting to present for up to 5 minutes why your organization should belong to NMVA.
The information you send to NMVA will be shared with current membership before the next monthly meeting for their digestion ahead of time, and the POCs for these organizations will be provided an opportunity to ask questions of you after you’ve presented your case.
All persons from your organization will then be “removed” from the virtual meeting room so that current NMVA members can discuss and vote on your membership.
You will be informed via email as to whether or not your organization was granted membership to NMVA.
Upon a favorable vote, email(s) of your organization will be added to the list of Alliance Members here, the POC(s) will be added to the NMVA email distro list, and POC(s) contact info will be added to the NMVA POC spreadsheet so that your fellow members have it (and you’ll have theirs as well).
Once granted membership into NMVA, your organization is expected to attend (virtually for now, eventually will be in-person with call-in info) each month’s NMVA meeting on the third Monday of each month at 1:00pm Eastern.
We look forward to having you join us!